Dealing With New Airline Luggage Restrictions

With the airlines limiting the number of bags allowed for checking and carry-on and limiting the pounds of luggage, I am wondering how others are dealing with this problem? How do you take what you need, but not overdo?

Doris from Texas City, Texas

I've spent some time in the last few months figuring out exactly how much of my personal care products I use every day, and only take that amount per day (for example, I know I use 1 oz. of each hair product I use, so I'm taking 7 oz. of each). I also re-wear pants - so for a week, I bring 2 pair.1 pair I pack, the other I wear for travel. I usually bring a shirt per day, but I'm neurotic that way. My problem is reducing the amount of things to do while I'm where I am - it's my books that add to my weight! I also, being allergic to everything, have to bring my own food, which adds to my weight. I guess traveling is now a good way to find out your necessities and luxuries!

My husband is always away from home on business and I have found that instead of folding his clothes I roll them up. This makes more room in the case. Also if you are going on holidays and staying in hotels most hotels leave complimentary bathing products that the opportunity to use these products you don't get many things for free nowadays.

By mail (Fed Express). I sent boxes home from a couple of trips. Shoes, clothes and great flea market finds. LOL Take mix and match things. GG Vi

I've always know my luggage was extremely heavy but it was free and sturdy so I didn't care. Well, with the new restrictions, I finally invested in new. It's soooo much lighter. If you don't travel often, you may be able to borrow from friends/family. If you won't have to carry your luggage very far, you may be able to pack certain items in a soft sided duffel bag. They are extremely light weight.

Travel and Recreation TravelJune 13, 2008
luggage
Cleaning Luggage
hand held luggage scale
Weighing Luggage at Home
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
American flag suitcase.
Buying American Flag Themed Luggage
🎄
🍂