Paint Peeling on Galvanized Hamper

I have an old galvanized painted hamper. The paint is peeling. Does anyone know how to go about removing the paint and then repainting the surface? I am also looking for any interesting ways to decorate this object. It is very old and I like the shabby-chic look. Thanks!

Carla from Sellersville, PA

Answers

You can sand the old paint off with an electric sander. Then primer and paint with metal paint, (I think they make metal paint). I know they do in a spray can, or you could even use rustolium spray.

You could rough it up with a light sanding, then you could decoupage, stencil, or what ever your heart desired. We found an old plastic one in someones trash. My daughter painted it red, and with tape she put the words flowers on it, and painted them white. Looks fantastic. Hope this helps you. rose

Crafts PaintingNovember 9, 2007
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
Galvanized Fence Posts
Uses for Galvanized Fence Posts
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 3:07:55 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.