Keeping Carpets Clean with a Toddler

Little Girl on Carpet
Toddlers can make a mess where they eat and play. Covering areas of carpet at risk and teaching your child to stay off the carpet with food or messy toys can help. This is a guide about keeping carpets clean with a toddler.

We are going to be moving into a new apartment in the beginning of September. I have a 10 month old who loves to make messes and the new carpets are white. Now, why they put white carpet into apartments, I have no clue. My question is; does anyone have ideas or tips on how to keep the carpet (especially in the dining room area) clean?

By Nicholle L D.

Best Answer

Similar to the rigid chair mat, you can get an inexpensive tablecloth (I'm thinking about the kind that are flannel on one side and plastic on the other) and lay it down under the seating area. You can shake it out, and toss it in the wash if you need to.

Honestly, we bought a carpet cleaner after we had or daughter. Little drips and accidents were all over the place. I feel like we spent about $150 on ours, but I believe they can be found for less. For us, it was very worthwhile. I also have a can of Resolve around for small random spots (when I don't want to pull out the cleaner).