Personalized Christmas Ball Ornaments
Creating a personalized, ornamental ball for the tree can be as individual as you like. Mine are red balls with golden glass paint depicting a design and each loved one's name.
- a large garbage bag or several sheets of newspaper
- several plain Christmas balls
- glass paint with writing tip (available at most craft or art centers)
- metallic thread
- Before you start, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting paint on the table.
- Start by creating a template of the design you want to paint with pencil on a piece of paper. Incorporate the name of a loved one into the design.
- Take out your Christmas ball. Cut a length of thread from the spool and thread it through the hoop on the top of the ornament. Create a loop to hang your completed ornament by.
- Once your design is ready, open your bottle of glass paint. Remove the cap and screw the writing tip onto the end of the bottle. Copy your design onto the Christmas ball.
- Hang the ball on the tree or from a hanger to dry.
- Complete steps two to five for each personalized ball you want to create.
- Give your completed ornament to its namesake or hang it on the tree as a reminder of the one you love. (Originally Published 12/4/2005)
By Christine Weber
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 6, 20060 found this helpful
We do this every year at my Moms house. The entire family helps decorate her tree, and we each hang our own bulbs with our name and birth year. We also hang the bulbs of our family members that have passed away. And for every new birth we add another bulb:)
My kids love it...every year they search until they find there name!! Its a great family tradition!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 10, 2016 at 2:34:28 AM on 10.0.0.86 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us