Materials and Equipment:
1. Before you start, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting paint on the table.
2. Start by creating a template of the design you want to paint with pencil on a piece of paper. Incorporate the name of a loved one into the design.
3. Take out your Christmas ball. Cut a length of thread from the spool and thread it through the hoop on the top of the ornament. Create a loop to hang your completed ornament by.
4. Once your design is ready, open your bottle of glass paint. Remove the cap and screw the writing tip onto the end of the bottle. Copy your design onto the Christmas ball.
5. Hang the ball on the tree or from a hanger to dry.
6. Complete steps two to five for each personalized ball you want to create.
7. Give your completed ornament to its namesake or hang it on the tree as a reminder of the one you love. (Originally Published 12/4/2005)
We do this every year at my Moms house. The entire family helps decorate her tree, and we each hang our own bulbs with our name and birth year. We also hang the bulbs of our family members that have passed away. And for every new birth we add another bulb:)
My kids love it...every year they search until they find there name!! Its a great family tradition!
Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.