Paint Color Scheme for Kitchen and Breakfast Nook

What color should I paint my new kitchen? It was covered in old wallpaper, but that problem has been solved!

The walls are primed and now ready for fresh paint. I tried living with it like my husband suggested and that lasted a whole 5 days!

The cabinets are dark oak, countertops are cream. (Just read some posts on Giana laminate countertop paints which would affect my color choices, but that's another adventure for another day!) The floor is light colored vinyl tile. I have decorated with roosters and red and black accents. The entire area is sunken in from the main living and dining areas. The door in breakfast room opens to garage.

I've also included some pics of my old kitchen (which I loved) to give you an idea of my decorating tastes.

It's easy to see what's causing the new dilemma. Also, I thought of painting the table in the breakfast area black. Suggestions?

Right now I'm leaning toward a sage or some sort of rustic red. Or maybe both? Red in breakfast room and sage in kitchen? Oh, I almost forgot, the trim is kind of a dark cream. Please help. We're living in limbo right now until I can get it painted and put the kitchen in working order; the kids are tired of sandwiches.

By Jennifer

Basically you are working with neutral colors so you could choose any color you like. Try to find a color wheel that will help you, or else go to a paint store and bring home some chips in different colors and test them out.

I think a warm terracotta would be really gorgeous and inviting and it would set off your rooster collection well, although I agree that you could use any color at all and it should look nice.

I would choose colors from your rooster collectibles. Black for the breakfast area? If you're dieting it would put u off eating I think. I like red or yellow.

Have you considered a warm gray? A light warm gray (gray with a red tone) would tone down all that white and still look good with accent of red and black. I would follow redhatterb suggestion and get paint chips to try in the kitchen.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJuly 19, 2011
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice
🎄
🍂