Buying a Music Keyboard

I need a very basic music keyboard to practice my music when I'm away from home and from my piano. I need at least three octaves. Does anyone have any suggestions re: what I should buy? I do not want other musical instrument sounds, etc. Thanks.

By Carla from Greensboro, NC

Go shopping. Gou might find what you are looking for, good luck.

My recommendation would be to go to a music store that sells portable keyboards and take noted. Notice which ones have features you would like, which ones have features you DON'T like and then which ones you find have features you think are interesting. You may want those features after a bit of research and may find out the features cost very little to add on.

Next do the research, God bless the internet. Look at the keyboards you found interesting. Find out if there are other models by that manufacturer that maybe the store didn't have that you may be interested in. Write some notes as you gather the info.

Once you decide what you think you would like determine what is really in your price range. Do some internet shopping. Call the store you went to and ask if they can get the model you are interested in and how much.

Check EBay too. Good Luck

As a piano teacher for 20 years, I would encourage you NOT to practice on a keyboard. You did not say if you were advanced or a beginner.

Just personally, if you are going to be away from the piano, I would much rather you do table top practice than a keyboard.

Playing a portable keyboard will create bad technique habits. It is just not the same as a real piano's action.

Just practice your notes on a table top, paying careful attention to your counting and fingerings.

Girl Playing Music Keyboard
Buying a Music Keyboard
Consumer Advice Product FinderJanuary 27, 2010
Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Avoiding Keyboard Spills, Coffee spill on a computer keyboard.
Avoiding Keyboard Spills
Worn Off Keyboard Letters
Replacing Worn Off Keyboard Letters
dark liquid spilled on laptop keyboard
Cleaning Up Keyboard and Electronic Device Spills
🎄