My Frugal Life: Stretching Groceries

I grow my own vegetables in the summer and freeze them, I cook from scratch, and I go every 2-3 weeks to buy groceries. I go to generic stores and stock up on meat. I never buy cleaning products at the grocery store, I go to the dollar stores and use coupons and come out with 6 months worth of supplies, for about $20.00.

On average, I spend about $80.00 on groceries every 3 weeks to a month. I have my own cloth bags to bring home groceries, and I save the plastic or foam plate that meat is packaged on to use to bread things with or to use has a tray to hold cut vegetables.

By Ethel from Boyd, Texas

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

I make my own cleaning supplies; use microfiber; including mop microfiber; no chemicals needed!

The trays meat comes can harbor harmful bacteria. Never put vegetables on them unless you intend to cook them thoroughly afterward!

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeSeptember 20, 2010
A paper bag full of groceries
Storing Groceries
ice chest cooler
Keeping Groceries Cold
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap