Use A Cool Mist Humidifier To Boost AC

To be able to draw more cool air from your heating and air conditioning registers, use an old cool mist humidifiers fan and put the unit directly on top of the air register, plug the unit in and turn it on. The unit will act as a air booster and help cool the room tremendously.

I found 2 of these humidifiers at a goodwill type of store with the bottoms missing, so I bought them and put each of them on separate registers and was so pleasantly surprised to feel just how much cooler those two rooms are compared to how they were before the "booster".

These boosters are actually sold online on several different places for anywhere from $44.99 up to $109.00, I only paid $6.00 for the both of these. I have done three positive things here, recycled, saved money, and am pleasantly more comfortable in a cooler room.

By Donna from Sweetwater, TN

Any chance you can send a picture?

Our air conditioning vents are in the ceiling, so I am trying to figure out how to adapt this.

This isn't for everyone. I'm pretty sure it would depend on your dew point temperature. Where I live I am trying take the humidity OUT of the air, not add it. For some of us this would only make things worse and make our air conditioners work harder.

My vents are in the ceiling also, I live in Arizona where we are trying to add moisture to the A/C..Is it possible to adapt.

Hm-m-mmmm, can't use this idea in Central Texas because it's too humid as it is. Reports say that we can create mold/fungus to do so. I'll keep it in mind

if we should ever move to dryer grounds. God bless you. : )

I didn't mean to use water in the set up, you would only use the part of the humidifier that houses the fan part that i am providing a picture for. this fan gets set on top of the vent and plugged in and then turned on and uses no water whatsoever. it really is a great set up, if anyone has any more questions, just post them or email me directly .. these units can be modified to put just about anywhere if you are handy

another photo

the other homemade booster

Thanks for taking the time to email me to have a look at the pics!

Holly

Better Living Green Living CoolingJuly 2, 2007
A tea kettle on a stovetop.
Homemade Humidifier
Humidifier
Homemade Humidifier Treatments
Love-In-A-Mist
Growing Love-In-A-Mist
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
🎄