Sewing Machine Model and Serial Numbers

Where do I find the model number and serial number on a Good Housekeeper Deluxe 30 sewing machine? I just bought it and would like to see if I can find a manual. I'm new to sewing so I will be practicing on it.

Thank you,
Cindi from Maine

Don't fret, pretty much all sewing machines have the same things. buy yourself a generic sewing book and figure it out , or check out yard sales or thrift stores which have quite a few actually. Good luck

That is nice that you are going to practice and teach yourself, I did...however, you WOULD find the manual very helpful, even though machines are somewhat alike, when there is a difference, there is a difference and you need the manual. I would call a local repair shop and ask them where on the machine you could locate the Model and Serial # and then work from there...ask again on here and do a Google search for sewing machine manuals.

If you can find the company, they may be helpful.

I got a very, very nice used Viking, minus the manual and the company copied and mailed me free of charge the majority of the pages to the manual...which I truly needed. Good luck. Also, find a friend who sews and use her brain, that is what I did with several friends.

B. Wilson

no403588

I just recieved an old sewing machine with the number at the base. Trying to figure out the manufacturer. Thank You.

Do you have a manual/parts list for this machine?

burton32 AT verizon.net

I have that same machine and I can't find a manual. Have you had any luck?

December 16, 2012 Flag

I bought this from a used sewing machine dealer and there are no numbers anywhere. I need a manual for it, but cannot without a number. I am hoping someone will recognize the model. Thanks in advance.

By Oneta

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I also bought a Brother machine years ago, no manual. Google 'Brother sewing machine manuals'. Go through all the manuals and maybe you will find a manual for your machine. I found a manual, but it was not exactly the model I owned, but mostly similar. Hope this will help you.

Marlene, South Africa

Finding the model number can be difficult on some models of all manufacturer's sewing machines. Going to the manufacturer website can save hours of searching through Googled images, so here is a link to the Brother US site:

http://www.brother-usa.com/Support/#.UNgcKRy-czA

Scroll down to find the contact feature, you can choose 'home sewing and embroidery' then use the comment box to ask them how to find your model number. I don't think you can attach a photo so you may want to ask in the email if you can send them a picture to make it easier to identify your machine.

Good luck, let us know if you find your instruction manual.

I had a similar problem - was missing my Brother manual and couldn't find the number, even with the webpage help. I had to call the 1-800 customer service number and the agent helped me locate it. The number can be found on their website! Good luck!

Locating Sewing Machine Model and Serial Numbers
Crafts SewingFebruary 10, 2007
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
A yellow phone book with a phone sitting on it.
Finding Phone Numbers
Rolodex
Organizing Phone Numbers
🎉
🎄