Browsing: Color Bleeding When Washing a Quilt for the First Time

Color Bleeding When Washing a Quilt for the First Time

I made a quilt from squares of blue flannel (with white dogs in the pattern) and white flannel. I washed it and dried it first. When I was done sewing it I washed it again and the blue ran in to the white squares. How can I get the white squares white again without changing the blue squares?

Brenda

Answers

Thank you so much for saving me today. I was soaking a stain on a quilt that my friend made me, and was shocked to see the blue squares bleeding all over the white ones. I rushed to the internet and found your advice for the Shout color catchers, then rushed to the store and back to the laundry room. Two of the sheets made the dark blue disappear completely!

Closeup of quilt showing where red color bled into surrounding light colored fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricSeptember 14, 2009
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Bleeding Heart
Growing Bleeding Heart
Pug with bandage leg.
Treating a Pet's Wound
Putting bandaid on child.
Stopping a Superficial Wound from Bleeding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:30:30 PM on 10.0.2.107 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.