Freebies from Hotels, Restaurants, Etc.

Save freebies that you get at hotels/motels, like soaps and shampoos, etc. Also save condiment packages that you get at restaurants. If they are going to offer them, you might as well take them and use them in your home. Especially the condiment packets are great for picnics, lunch boxes, etc. The soaps, etc from hotels are great for guest bathrooms.

By Robin from Washington, IA

and if you travel lots (or have friends who do) and end up with more than you can use, homeless shelters or women's shelters love the soaps and lotions from hotels. They're just the right size

I save all those condiment packets in a big ziptop bag in the fridge. When Michael and I go camping, we have plenty for burgers, dogs and can also combine stuff for marinades. I save travel size toiletries for work use or stocking stuffers. (Local food banks/shelters in my area only accept full size items.)

I use these for travel, emergency kits and when we run low on house supplies...I made pancakes one morning with yogurt and half/half to substitute for milk! YUMMY! It was better than buttermilk!

I got all mine from a weeklong hospital visit....you think hotels are bad about freebies! I got a sippy cup, too!

One problem with saving these packets is that there are expiration dates for these things and that date is usually on the big box they all came in. The second thing is, there is a fine line between taking more than you need and stealing. When you get a takeout bag and the packets are put in there they are yours. But if you grab a handful to take home for later that, in my opinion is not what they are out there for.

Finding Freebies
Finding Freebies
Consumer Advice FreebiesAugust 10, 2006
Saving Money on Hotels, A lit hotel sign.
Saving Money on Hotels
Woman choosing between an apple and a hamburger.
Eating Healthy at Fast Food Restaurants
Freebies wrapped as gifts.
Collecting Freebies for Gifts
image of hand cursor image over "free stuff" link
Good Freebie Websites
🎉
🎄