Grilled Salmon with Whiskey Dill-Mustard Marinade

So melt-in-your mouth good! My friend is the editor of the magazine where I got this from. I have tried a lot of the recipes in the magazines and I haven't been disappointed by any of them. This is only one of my favorites.

• 4 (6 oz) pieces of center cut salmon fillets
  • 1/4 cup Scotch Whiskey
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Preheat greased barbecue grill.

In a bowl, combine whiskey, olive oil, mustard, dill, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Place salmon in a shallow baking dish to hold salmon in an even layer. Pour whiskey marinade over salmon and let marinate at room temperature, turning occasionally for 15 minutes or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.

Place salmon on preheated grill over medium-high heat; grill for about 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once and brushing occasionally with marinade until fish flakes easily.

Instead of using a barbecue, marinate salmon as directed in recipe. Cook on a stove top grill pan or place on a broiler pan 4 inch below preheated broiler for the same cooking time.

To prevent salmon fillets from falling apart when grilling, soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes, remove skin from salmon, and thread salmon lengthwise onto skewers.

Source: Elite Food, Wine and Travel magazine

By srainey

Anonymous

Oh my goodness! This is an excellent sounding recipe and I can actually taste it just by reading! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe and I am going to give it a try soon and maybe even try substituting the salmon for albacore or swordfish!

One thing I would caution on a grill though is to lightly boil the marinade for at least a minute before using for basting because of possible bacteria in raw fish and meats during the marinating time.