Baking Cupcakes in Coffee Filters?

I have a cupcake pan that holds very large cupcakes. I decided I wanted to make some cornbread muffins. I wanted to use cupcake liners but did not have any that size, I tried to find them in the store but no one carried them. I had an idea - coffee filters!

I have a 4 cup coffee maker which is the perfect size for my muffins. I folded a filter in half and cut about one half inch off, unfolded it, sprayed it with olive oil spray and placed it in the cupcake pan. It fit perfectly. I filled them half full, baked them, and it all turned out great.

When push comes to shove you can always come up with something - my mother always told me there are no problems only solutions. I hope someone can use this idea!

By letageraldine from Tucson, AZ

Fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing.

Valentine's Cupcake Decorations
Cupcake Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJuly 22, 2010
Cupcake with a Frankenstein decoration on top.
Making Frankenstein Cupcakes
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making Mummy Cupcakes
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters