Diaper for a Dog in Heat

My puppy went into heat last week and it has been very heavy and I was wondering if anyone has tried to make a homemade diaper or something to prevent their pet from staining everything they sit on? Do you have any ideas that could help me?

Corri from TN

is it safe to use a tennis ball in the dryer to stop the clothes from balling up ??

Editor's Note: This is normally safe, especially for drying down items. The only caution is if it is a laundromat dryer which tend to be much hotter than home dryers. Make sure the ball is a clean one, of course, also.

I think you can get them at pet supplies stores. If not try a pull-up with a hole cut out for the tail LOL

I have seen them at Wal-mart...at least for housebreaking, but they may work for heat. Or call your vet, they may have "samples"?

If you have a baby gate (they can be relatively cheap) corral her in the bathroom or kitchen, that way it is easier to clean and she won't be miserable in a kennel.

We used a diaper for our dog when she was in heat. It was denim and had velcro on the sides so you could take it on and off easier. It also had a hole for the dog's tail.

I bought women's panty liners for the inside of the diaper. Just remember to TAKE OFF the diaper when you let the dog out to pee. I can't tell you how many times I forgot to take it off our dog. Thank goodness it was washable.

I'm glad she's fixed now so we don't have to go through that again.

I have used mens or boys underware...Depending on the size of the dog....The hole works great for the tail but you might have to use a safty pin to make it smaller around the waist....Good Luck...

I use a pair of child's underpants and a menstral pad. I try to get

the one with double rows of sticky tape. Line the underwear with pad

and cut a hole for the tail. If it is too large around and falls off,

I use a piece of velcro to gather it. I have also used a regular

diaper but the child's underpants works better.

I used a child sock but I have a very tiny dog.

check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stay-Put-Sani-P ... QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300204919144

I have tried the disposable diapers but my dog gets out of them. I have even tried taping her diaper. Right now what seems to be working are the wee wee pads with tape. It also depends on the size of your dog and how active. The wee wee pads are working the best.

When my Yorkiepoo was in heat I bought a package of cheap toddler panties- for my puppy I got size 2/3- Even those were too big. I decided to sew them to fit.

To do this try the panties on your dog and find out how much too big they are. -For my puppy it turned out she needed about 6 inches of the diameter of the panties waist taken off.

Lay the panties inside out and with the front on top.

Divide the number of inches extra by four and Mark with a pencilthat much from each of the side seams- for me it was 1 1/2 inches on each side.

Sew straight down the mark you made on each side.

Then just cut off all but 1/4 inch of the extra along where you sewed and turn them right side out! You want to cut a hole for the tail if its not docked.

This gave me a perfect cute little pair of panties that I just put a maxi pad in! I put them on just like you would on a child with the front side on her tummy. They stayed on great and my puppy appreciated them a lot more than the diapers I had tried before.lol Hope this helps!

This can work great for smaller dogs. My dog is under 20 lbs. and I used an infant onzie. Cut a hole for the tail and use 1/2 a panty liner during discharge. I've tried other things but they always seemed to slip off. This doesn't.

Homemade Dog Diapers
Homemade Dog Diapers
Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 26, 2006
Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Diaper Rash Remedies
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
🎉
🎄