Remedies for Lower Back Spasms

What can I take for lower back spasms?

By Craig from Oak Ridge, NC

Motrin or something like that which helps reduce the inflamation. Also, I find keeping the heating pad on the area works wonders.

I had sciatic pain as well as muscle spasms in my lower back. My doctor suggested alternating cold packs and hot packs which really helped. I also looked up exercises for back pain on the internet and they also helped. Good luck as they are really painful.

P.S. my doctor also gave me Vicodin. Big help.

The icepacks applied for 20 minutes at a time works for me. Stick with higher dose of ibuprofen or Advil, Motrin but stay away from Vicodin it is very addictive!

Ibuprofen or Motrim is what I take. A hot water soak also help and Bengay back rub applied to the lower back.

take some ibuprofen first. Ask pharmacist how much. I take ibu rx. Lay flat on the floor. No distractions, no pillow. Let the gravity pull the pain into the floor. Stay there about 20-30 min. You need to learn to teach your body to relax and this is an easy way. Once I figured out the floor was my friend, there was less Dr bills. I see the chiropractor and an acupuncturist. The needles seem to calm the spams for about 2-3 months, providing I don't have an injury. Love ice gel packs too. I am a lap swimmer and that stretches out the muscles as I swim.

Health & Beauty AdviceDecember 26, 2010
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Rice in a cast iron pan.
Cooking Rice at High Altitudes
Young man holding his lower back.
Remedies For Lower Back Pain
🎄
🍂