Paint Color Advice - Painting Over Peach Wallpaper

I have white cabinets with peach hardware, peach wallpaper, white trim, peach laminate countertops and dark brick color linoleum floor tile. I want to paint the wallpaper. I am not sure what color would go with the existing countertop? The rest of the house is softer tan and macadamia (sherwin williams) paint. Any advice would help?

Laks

I think green would offset the peach nicely, maybe a soft medium green, not hunter or lime shades.

I would leave it as it is, as it looks great. However, I agree that a soft green would work. Good luck.

Hi Laks,

Your kitchen looks beautiful with the walls matching the countertop and the fresh white cabinets! If you really want to change the wall color, why not go with the pretty green color of your chair cushions.

Luv your kitchen!

Elizabeth

Hi...

My husband is a painter and if you want your kitchen to "pop"...He suggested a magenta or burgundy color. The white cabinets will still look great...Good luck.

Sher

Also love your kitchen as it is!! Great idea with the copper molds on the wall!! A soft green would look great as a wall color or accent color. I'd try it first as an accent color to see how you'd like it before doing anything major.

I agree that a soft green would be very pretty... either a very pale mint green or a light shade of sage green on the walls would compliment the peach color of your kitchen nicely. You could pick up some paint chips of various shades of light green and compare them in your kitchen, to get the perfect color.

I disagree with the green idea. I don't think an additional color is the best idea. I think you need to play off the colors you have. I would suggest the color of clay pots. It would look really sharp against the peach counter tops.

bjpyl (Judy)

Be careful painting over wallpaper. I know it can be a hassle but I'd take the wallpaper off before painting. We had a very bad experience with wall paper that had been painted over 2 times prior to us buying the house. I'd remove it paint a neutral color or even white if you want to brighten it up and get a fabulous picture to put on the wall that would bring out the peach in your counter and the green in your cushions.

We have the yellow counters but fortunately the dishes and accesories we had have yellow so it really helps bring it all together. Good luck.

I have to paint my entire house inside as well as do the outside around the windows and doors. so I figure 32 years ought to get the job done! Well I have a lot of books I picked up at Home Depot. I found a booklet on kitchens by Behr. Now I know they are expensive, you do not have to use the paint you can go for something cheaper. But we have found cheaper is not better but there have been those times where we had no choice. What I am looking at is a light peach kitchen now one has trim around the top, what they are doing now I have been trying to do for years but you know how life is. At any rate in one picture what they have done is used a glazed pecan over the top of the peach. It looks like a peach with a tint of a warm light gold, and what they have done is used the ragging technique which is easy you just need to ask someone at the paint store what to do.

The kitchen really looks nice with this it look really rich. Now you can paint a darker peach color for your doors around the frame and in the middle of the door you can paint a lighter color of peach. The one you used for your kitchen and it looks great. They also use in another picture a Carmel Latte 260-7 and paint a medium sized stripe around the middle of the wall. Then they have pictures on the wall with greens in them the color is called dill pickle 420d-7. That color of green I don't know about. But yes you may use green, beige, brown and white.

Now I liked the color summer breeze 450E-3, it is a cool green color color, and since your kitchen is cool you might like that much better rather then looking at a dill pickle I just cant believe my eyes! But go to the paint store and talk to someone and they can really help you out with colors. Oh and yes the other girls are right you really need to remove the wall paper. If it is old as it sounds it should come off pretty easy. You can spray it down with water or rent a steamer then scrape, believe me that is one way you will get your exercise, but it beats doing all the work you want to do and then have it peel. That will definitely have you out in the back yard screaming. Also you can paint the counter tops. There is so much to do.

It is just unbelievable but they can get you moving at the paint store. Make sure your hubby goes too otherwise they become traumatized when they get the bill or look at the color scheme. Well I see a lot of potential for something beautiful! Good Luck and I hope I have not just traumatized you! Good Luck and oh yea one of the rooms I will be painting will be a peach color, you have good taste I see. Have Fun. I hope it all works the way you want it. Darlene

I have painted over wallpaper and it looked beautiful! That is until I had to use the vaporizer. I woke up and all the wallpeper was laying on the floor or hanging down. The paint had been done 5 years earlier too! At least I knew how to remove the rest of the wallpaper!

I love your kitchen the way it is, but can understand you might just be tired of it. I know it's a bit outdated now, but I've always loved the blue/peach combination--it has to be the right shade of blue though, a real light powder blue doesn't work, it has to be a bit darker to look right. Good luck!

Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 14, 2007
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
🎉
🎄