Ice Breakers For a Mother's Day Banquet

I am planning a Mother's Day banquet at my church this year, I need all the advice you could give me. Expecilly Ice-Breakers.

Thanks,
Crystal

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Have each person or one member of a family, bring a recipe. Then have that person give the recipe to someone they do not know or with whom they have not talked with for a long time. The people that have received recipes already would be holding on to one.

http://www.teapotcottage.com

Use post-it notes to write down names of famous mothers: Mother Teresa, Mary, Mother Nature, etc. Put one name on each attendee's back. People have to mingle around and ask the other attendees three yes or no questions to figure out who they are. Really fun and gets people talking and moving.

You may make a list of things "women" have done, such as :

Was once a cheerleader ____________________

Has five children __________________________

Has been married over 20 years _________________

Likes anchovies on pizza ________________________

Has snow skies _________________________________

Has been saved less than five years _______________

ETC.

They must get attendees to sign in the blank and the one with the most filled in will win a prize,

(This is a great way to get them to know a little more about each other).

Another one is to wait until after they have eaten (beforehand, encourage them to get to know their table mates)....then, pass out pencil and paper and ask specific questions, such as : When did they get married?

When did they get saved?

What is their ministry in the church?

What are the ages of their children?

What is their hobbies?

ETC.

Doorprize to winner!!

God bless you!

Hi, when my church used to do a mother/daughter banquet, one of the games we played was a purse scavenger hunt. Some of the ones I remember were who had a pair of scissors, who had the most used tissues, who had the most pictures or stamps. I always thought that was a fun game.

Answer

Wrapped Mother's Day gift.
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day AdviceApril 24, 2005
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 8:15:07 AM on 10.0.1.237 in 456 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.