American Lasagna

Bet you can't eat just one slice. Instead of using ricotta cheese on one layer, you use cream of mushroom soup and it gives it flavor you would not believe.

• 1 16 oz. box of lasagna noodles
  • 2 32 oz. jars of spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
  • 1 small bell pepper
  • Ad
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 lb. of lean ground beef
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp. salt

Directions:

Make your sauce by cooking your ground beef, pour off grease. Chop up bell pepper and onion and brown for one minute and season with a little salt pepper and garlic as you prefer. After drained, pour in both jars of spaghetti sauce. I use Ragu or Prego with mushrooms; whichever is on sale. Stir and simmer on medium heat.

Meantime bring large pot of salted water to boil, and put in lasagna noodles. I usually do 3 layers but to make sure you have 15 noodles at least. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, remove from heat and drain. Using a 10x14 inch casserole dish, begin your layers. With a ladle or spoon, put a couple of teaspoons of the sauce on bottom to guard against noodles sticking, and then put layer of noodles, followed by a layer of meat sauce and a about 6 Tbsp. (distributed inches apart) of the mushroom soup. It's too thick to drizzle but try to distribute it a little. On top of that spread a nice layer of mozzarella cheese.

Repeat this 2 more times, beginning with the noodle, meat sauce, soup then cheese. You should end up with cheese on top. Set oven at 375 degrees F, and bake for 1 hour, or till cheese is slightly brown and edges are bubbly. It is like spaghetti. It taste even better warmed up the next day, delicious.

Servings: 12
Time:40 Minutes Preparation Time
60 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My mother, who is not here to tell me; I think she didn't have any ricotta and just ad-libbed.

By Katie from Holiday, FL

I love the sound of your recipe would really like to try it. I just have one question, how can you get 5 strips of lasagne on one layer. When I make lasagne, I can only fit 3 strips in one layer. If I was making this and I would like to, I picture having 5 layers. Can you clarify please? I am so anxious to try it.

Stainless

I have been making lasagna for years and have never thought to put a layer of sauce on the bottom to stop the noodles from sticking. What a great idea. You should post it as a hint!

White Lasagna
White Lasagna Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes PastasSeptember 14, 2009
Various Types of Noodles
Alternatives to Lasagna Noodles
Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup Recipes
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll
Creative Lasagna
Creative Lasagna Recipes
🎉
🎄