Books on CD from the Library

I am a avid reader, but I don't have the time to sit and read, so I get CD's at the library. I get so many at one time, that I don't finish all of them before the due date. So, now I still get 4 or 5 and load them to the computer, then I can listen while I work on the computer. If I want to take them on the move, I just burn them to a CD or a MP3. I now get all my material back on time.

By Lee from Columbus, Ohio

We started to do this too!!! We have loaded ours onto our Ipod---so we can take it to the gym or during our travels!!! And since I don't care to read while riding in the car, this has been a great idea!!

Our libray has put these tads on them so that you can't copy them:( I really like books on tape/cd also. There have been many books that my kids read that they probably would not have if it had not been for them books on tape. Got them interested.

This is not good advice because of copyright/licensing issues. Many libraries have accounts with online audiobook libraries such as www.netlibrary.com. Through your library you can create an account for free check out the book by downloading the information to your computer or mp3 player. After 3 weeks the license expires and you can no longer access the audiobook unless you check it out again.

Make sure you choose books that you TRIED to read but just couldn't seem to finish

I read Mary Shellys Frankenstein this way! IT was so beautiful to listen to but I couldn't make myself get past the first 60 pages the traditional way.

Are you sure it is legal to copy cd's from the library? Would it be legal to xerox an entire book from the library? Copying an entire cd is pretty much the same thing.

Consumer AdviceMay 2, 2006
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
A row of old books.
Getting Rid of Your Old Books
Rows of books in a library
Using Your Public Library
🎄