Getting Rid of Pimples

I have 2 pimple marks on face. Does anyone know how I can remove them quickly? Perhaps even within 1 day?

By Shamima from India

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Comfrey works great. It's an herb you can get at any health food store. Simply make a tea and dab it on. Clears the acne within a few days. Usually works within 2 days for me.

I have had really good luck with anti bacterial hand cleanser. Just the plain old kind everyone carries with them these days. I put the cleanser on morning and night; If I'm home I do it more, but really twice a day is enough.

Usually it's considerably less pronounced the next day or next evening. Usually it's gone in two-three days or so. But - it will not work at all for me if I squeeze the blemish or play around with it. I don't know why. I also don't know why plain liquid alcohol doesn't work. Good Luck!

Well if the pimple is ready to be popped (white puss area), I usually put a really warm rag and scrub it. It goes away in a little while.

April 29, 2010 Flag

I have pimples and have tried what seems like every product on the shelves and none of them work. Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

Ben from Ottawa, ON

Answers:

Getting Rid of Pimples

Put a dab of toothpaste on it, and the next morning it will be gone. (02/19/2009)

By daisychain

Getting Rid of Pimples

You can buy Proactiv on eBay cheaper.
(02/19/2009)

By theseamstress

Getting Rid of Pimples

I use Clean and Clear Deep Cleansing Astringent with cotton balls. Sometimes I use it twice a day, but usually once a day. I try to stay away from greasy foods. I have oily skin and don't need any extra oil. I have used this product for over 10 years. (02/19/2009)

By Jan

Getting Rid of Pimples

You need to see a dermatologist. My 2 oldest grandsons had excellent results. I believe they were given tetracycline. Both guys now have clear skin. Try it.

Good luck. (02/19/2009)

By Grandma Patty

Getting Rid of Pimples

When my son was young he had acne. I gave him Vitamin A and zinc. Go to your health food store and ask how much of each you can take. It took a couple of weeks for the acne to disappear and it didn't come back.

I found and article on it at: cure-guide.com

Here is a paragraph from the article:

The most important vitamins and minerals for acne eruptions are vitamin A from fish oil and zinc. Vitamin A is necessary for skin healing. Take 25,000 units of vitamin A twice a day. Zinc aids in healing of tissue and assists in preventing scarring. It also helps the body resist infection and inflammation. Zinc is one mineral that has shown to benefit acne in a scientific study. Take 50 mg of zinc in combination with 5 mg of copper, which can become deficient during zinc supplementation. Do not take more than 100 mg of zinc in supplements per day. Check it out. (02/20/2009)

By PICO

Getting Rid of Pimples

Even though I am almost 50, I still get an occasional break out. If you dab honey on the blemish (after you clean your face) at night, the blemish will be healed by morning. (02/20/2009)

By mbnorton59

Getting Rid of Pimples

Easier said than done, but take it easy on the products. This worked like a charm for me. I used to do too many things and it seemed to aggravate my skin. Now, I use Purpose bar soap (found at Walmart, very gentle), then I use a salicylic acid toner (Clinique, I got it free). I do this twice a day, morning and night. During the day I blot excess oil with Clean and Clear blue sheets (Walmart). Every other night I use a 2-5% benzoyl peroxide product before I go to bed. I find this combination of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide to be very effective without drying my skin, making it scale, or aggravating it more. (02/20/2009)

Getting Rid of Pimples

My son has had numerous breakouts, over his face, neck, back, and chest. He finds the less he washes his face the better. He also uses Dove soap. Plain Dove soap. Not every solution is right for every person. My advice is to try different suggestions given here and see what works for you. Give whatever solution you try a chance, though. If you don't try the solution long enough you won't know for sure what works. Also, my daughter used the tetracycline and it discolored her teeth, so I'd be careful of that one. Good luck, I know how disheartening breakouts can be. (02/20/2009)

By Dee

Getting Rid of Pimples

My advice would be to figure out if something in your diet is aggravating your skin. Acne is graded by number for its severity, number 4 being the worst. I had had this type of acne, as well as blackheads and pustules, since I was 8 years old. I had tried every product imaginable, prescription and nonprescription, and nothing seemed to work. So I more or less just gave up and decided to live with it. When I was 29, I developed asthma.

My doctor gave me the standard treatments, but they did not do any good. One day when I was 30, I was eating oatmeal and realized that every time I eat oatmeal, I have trouble breathing. I decided to try an elimination diet, beginning with eliminating milk as it was in the oatmeal I ate. It is one of the most common allergens. For two weeks, I did not eat any milk at all. Not only did my asthma and allergies not bother me any more, but for the first time in over 20 years, my skin was clear. So, ever since then, I do not drink milk. It is difficult to eliminate such a thing from the diet, but so worth it because I also miss out on asthma inhalers, steroids, allergy shots, antibiotics, and Claritin. (02/22/2009)

By crazyliblady

Getting Rid of Pimples

I have found that sugar causes me to breakout. If I go off of sugar for a week my face clears up. For some people stress can cause breakouts. Also, lavender oil dries up pimples. I hope this helps.
(02/22/2009)

By simplelifebooks1

Getting Rid of Pimples

I too tried so many products. Found this in an article and tried it, it worked. A bottle of Mylanta or Maalox used for stomach acids was the secret. You could also use a generic.

Wash your face and dry then apply the anti-acid, let dry and then wash off. It really works. Good luck. (02/25/2009)

By meoowmom

Getting Rid of Pimples

Tea tree oil is good to dry them out and prevent infection. (02/26/2009)

By flamingo1129

Getting Rid of Pimples

Take vitamin E, drink a lot of water, wash your face, and never use bar soap as it makes your face more dry outside and later it will be oily. Icing is very important. When you wash your face use warm water because it opens up your pores and after that rub ice on your face for a minute to close pores. Use sunscreen everyday and a moisturizer. I used a customized cleanser because everyone has different types of skin. Go to a spa they clean your face really good. (03/20/2009)

By Bhabyboo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 19, 2009 Flag

I have red marks on my face from pimples. What should I do?

Samreen from Srinagar

Answers:

Getting Rid of Pimples

To get rid of pimples, spots, etc. from your face, use graham flour and milk or curd, mix to a paste and apply for 10 minutes everyday before a shower and you will notice the difference in a month's time and soon your face will be clear.

By Zaufishan

Getting Rid of Pimples

Put egg white on your pimple and let dry. Wash off with cool water. This will also work as a mask for your whole face, except not under your eyes. I use this twice a week. Really works well. (06/13/2005)

By s222 (Sandi)

Getting Rid of Pimples

It helps to get rid of the excess oil on a regular basis - use special oil absorbent tissues - or you can use cigarette papers in a pinch! Then use non-oily corn silk-type powder.

Put hydrogen peroxide on spots to dry them out & heal them up. Cover with over-the-counter acne cover up - Avoid oily makeup as it will only make matters worse.

Keep your face scrupulously CLEAN. Buy a good drying medicated soap. I used to use Sea Breeze and other alcohol cleansers with cotton balls when my skin was really oily. Clean several times a day. DO NOT TOUCH your skin, as the dirt/germs will further aggravate your outbreaks. You can make homemade oatmeal masks - (oatmeal + honey, yogurt, there are several recipes.) to dry skin.

Then keep the outer layer of skin lightly moisturized with a non-oily moisturizer. You do not want to over dry the skin, which will cause damage in the long run. ALSO take multivitamins, eat well-balanced meals and nourish your skin from within. Skin is a measure of your health. When your hormones are going crazy, you want to keep the skin very clean, and avoid outbreaks, and when you have them, control and heal them to avoid future scarring.

In the meantime you can gently hide them with medicated acne creams, but so this sparingly - too much makeup used indiscriminately will only make matters worse.
If you have outbreaks on your forehead, watch out that you wash your hair touching your face (like bangs) often - maybe you could just wash bangs. Or use scented body powder for a dry shampoo for bangs for a temporary fix.

Get in the habit of taking care of your skin and it will really pay off in the long run. I am almost 60 & my face looks 15/20 years younger (that comes ALSO from using SUN SCREEN for 30 years). (03/03/2006)

By pam

(12/03/2007)

Getting Rid of Pimples

I too have problems with red marks on my face from acne. In fact, I'm now 46 and still have occasional acne problems. I cannot tell you how to get rid of them, but I can tell you what I do. I have a friend who sells Mary Kay products and she has shared with me some of her smarter skin ideas. They (Mary Kay) have a yellow base you can buy that helps cover up the red marks before you apply your regular base. It only takes a LITTLE and the results are amazing. I use it in several places on my face. Around my nose, my chin and certainly on the blemish marks. You can't believe how much it helps. It doesn't take the marks away but it certainly makes a difference. It gives your entire face a more even tone. Hope it helps. (12/07/2007)

By Melodie.

Getting Rid of Pimples

My daughter has the same problem, she goes to the tanning bed and it dries them up. You don't have to go a whole lot to accomplish the feat. Too much wouldn't be good for you. (12/07/2007)

By Crystal

Getting Rid of Pimples

Proactive skin products work surprisingly well. You have to use it continually though, not just a few times. (12/09/2007)

By katrina

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Girl with a pimple on her nose.
Getting Rid of Pimples Quickly
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentApril 29, 2010
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 10:11:13 AM on 10.0.2.148 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.