Making a Mummy Costume

I am looking for ideas for making a mummy costume.

Mayson from TX

Best Answer

I'm going to be a mummy this year. I'm 20 so I bought a white t-shirt dress. I am wrapping my legs and arms in gauze and draping some on my dress with dark makeup, huge false lashes and heels!

Best Answer

My daughter and I painted all over a sheet then tore it into long strips. But wrapping was a real challenge! Getting it to flow from one body part to the next without gaping after moving awhile. I tied one strip to the next as I came to the end of each to prevent unraveling. We did it just for fun that time, but want to do it for her costume this Halloween and was really hoping for some tips to make it come out better and easier.

Best Answer

Most people are saying they colored the material with tea. I used some lemon juice mixed with water (about 50/50 of each). Then I dipped the cloth strips into the juice, wringing out the excess juice. I spread the cloth onto a cookie sheet in one layer. Baking it at 425 in the oven for about 4 and a half minutes colored the cloth nicely. Some spots that got more juice darkened more. Some spots got a black spot that looked like dirt. Others got a dusty brown/tan. and some spots that I missed with the juice stayed a lighter white color. Really added nicely to the over all effect. Then I wrapped the cloth around sweatpants/sweatshirt/ski mask combe, sewing it in several spots along the way (this part felt like it took forever) so it would stay in place. Looks nice and since it is sewn into place on the clothes I can hang it up and use it again.

Making a Mummy Costume
Making a Mummy Costume
Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 30, 2008
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Making Mummy Cupcakes
Baby mummy suasage appetizers.
Baby Mummy Sausage Recipes
🎉
🎄