Fruit of the Spirit Speech Ideas

I was asked by a church leader to speak at a Fruit of the Spirit program on "kindness". This would be my first time ever doing a speech. Can someone give me a creative idea on how to present my speech and maybe some input on how to begin?

By Jennifer

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Vickie Van Scyoc 1 18 09/21/2011

Get ahold of the Virtues Guide by Linda Popov. There should be information online under the same. Kindness was one of 360 virtues she identified from around the world.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sandy Gerber 30 206 09/22/2011

You could purposely wear some shoes that are obviously not yours-perhaps a very large men's pair or teen boy's. Then, walk with difficulty up to the stage. Perhaps carry your own shoes in your arms or several in a bag. Then, up on stage, talk about walking in other's shoes and the golden rule.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 09/25/2011

Here's the actual passage, in the King James version: Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Just wondering which word was rendered "kindness in your version...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No