Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Fruit of the Spirit Speech Ideas

I was asked by a church leader to speak at a Fruit of the Spirit program on "kindness". This would be my first time ever doing a speech. Can someone give me a creative idea on how to present my speech and maybe some input on how to begin?

By Jennifer

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]09/25/2011

Here's the actual passage, in the King James version: Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Just wondering which word was rendered "kindness in your version...

By Sandy Gerber [22]09/22/2011

You could purposely wear some shoes that are obviously not yours-perhaps a very large men's pair or teen boy's. Then, walk with difficulty up to the stage. Perhaps carry your own shoes in your arms or several in a bag. Then, up on stage, talk about walking in other's shoes and the golden rule.

By Vickie Van Scyoc [1]09/21/2011

Get ahold of the Virtues Guide by Linda Popov. There should be information online under the same. Kindness was one of 360 virtues she identified from around the world.