Asian Theme Bedroom

I want to redecorate my bedroom in an asian inspired theme. I picked a jade green. I though it would be cool to make one wall a darker color. Is that a good idea or will it look stupid. Also, I dont know what darker color will match.

Veronica from CA

Painting one "focal" wall a darker color is okay as long as you stay in the same color family. When you buy your paint, look at the color sample and choose the darker color from the same color sample card. The colors on these cards are in the same "family" and I would only go one or two shades up or down on the paint sample card. If your room is asian inspired I would look into painting furniture or accessories a glossy black and using bamboo. Good luck on your project.

Having lived in Hawaii for three years among mostly

Orientals, and with my Mom for a year recently among her professionally decorated totally Oriental

home, I can attest to the fact that although true

to the tradition, jade is used a LOT, it does come in many colors naturally, and the color that made my

mother's home so outstanding was true Spearmint,

using dark OLIVE woods, Satin finished blacks, and

for the accents she enjoyed lily pads and med. pink

lilies/ cherry blossoms/ deep red mini-pods, Oriental

figurines in various subdued colors, white water-print

wall paper, all sorts of dark (patina) bronzes, various

painted baskets, large multi-paneled screens of village scenes, rugs of hunting scenes/colors of dark

golds, light greens/beiges/rusty reds, and floors of

golden bamboo color. She was not afraid to use

a few antiques, paper shaded lamps, Oriental wooden children's shoes, thick dark bamboo framed Oriental Art in shades mostly of black, dark Turquoise and white watercolors, and light grey/white

marble entry and hall floors. Her carpet was also

the same Spearmint color, with walls in an adjoining

den of dark teakwood and gold. Her furniture was

not the typical black laquered with mother of pearl

type designs, as in Korean pieces, but rather was

more individualized, and she had one of the last

real black/white Zebra skins on the open stairway wall. She had only the better and larger family photos displayed in groups in the hallways to each bedroom, mostly matted in teal shades, another favorite color for her den furniture, which richly complemented her spearmint

velour overstuffed matching sofas/pillows, against

a backdrop of a very large floor-to-ceiling mirrored

wall.

IN an adjoining bedroom she chose a peach and teal small Oriental overall patterned print for a custom spread/and window coverings. Hopefully this description of a mental tour of her home with you gave you some ideas of your own? God bless and help you in your final choices. : )

Your idea is a fine one. One wall a dark bronze would allow you to maintain your theme easily and to relate to all kinds of inexpensive bronze accent pieces throughout the room. Your complimentary color for jade will be from the red family, and should be used sparingly in a few accents. Try a swatch of your jade paint before buying any pictures or throws or pillow that feature red, so that you can establish the mood that you want...it really is a volatile color and ranges, of course, in its family from pink through maroon. All of its different variations create different 'feels' to your room. I wish you well; it sounds like an elegant journey that you have embarked upon !

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceSeptember 28, 2006
Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Teen Bedroom
Asian Dipping Sauce
Asian Dipping Sauce Recipes
Asian Beetles
Getting Rid of Asian Beetles
soccer ball sculpture
Decorating a Bedroom With a Sports Theme
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 25, 2016 at 9:08:49 AM on 10.0.0.76 in 996 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.