Emerald Baubles Ring
Show your Irish spirit for St. Patrick's Day with a unique, handmade ring setting of emerald beads.
Approximate Time: 10-15 minutes
- floral wire (about $3 or on hand)
- green beads (at least 3) (on hand or inexpensive at store- $2)
- needle-nose pliers and wire-cutters and clamping flat pliers or 3-in-1 jewelry-making tool with all three. (approx. $3 or on hand)
- ruler (optional)
*Read all instructions through before beginning for best results.*
- To begin, gather materials. This is a great way to use all those beads most of us already have to make St. Patrick's Day rings for kids, friends, and yourself.
- Next, unravel about 12 inches of floral wire and cut off with wire cutters.
- Then, fold wire into 3 equal lengths and use wire-cutters to cut into 3 similar pieces or, if using ruler, measure 4 inches of the wire, cut with wire-cutters, and repeat once more to have 3 pieces of 4-inch wire.
- Now line the 3 pieces of wire up parallel. Using flat pliers, clamp and twist three matched-up ends of the wire pieces tightly together.
- To continue, tightly braid the three pieces of wire to form your ring band. Make sure you have the length of braided wire to fit your desired ring size. Twist the ends of the braided wire ring band tightly together. There should be extra lengths of wire coming from your braided ring band, this is to start mounting the beads on.
- Next, string one green bead onto one piece of wire that is coming from the ring band. Then twist this wire (the end that is coming from the attached bead) about 2 or 3 rotations/times to the base of the ring or to the top of your ring band or to another loose wire end to secure the bead near the top of your ring, by where the ends of the braided wire meet.
- Continue the process in step 6, one-by-one stringing beads of different sizes and various shades of green or just all the same green beads to the setting shape of your choice (i.e. a circle, rectangle, clover, etc.; mine is a rough sideways oval). Also, be sure to frequently attach/twist the beaded wire to the base, if twisting beaded wire to other loose wire.
NOTE: You may need to simply clip and twist on extra pieces (about 4 inches each) of floral wire if extra length is needed to twist more beads on.
- Secure (twist) final end of wire. For other loose wire ends, clip off with wire-cutters or securely twist with needle-nose pliers.
Wear your St. Patrick's Emerald Baubles Ring with delight.
By Erin "Go Bragh" R. from Seffner, FL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 27, 2016 at 9:34:11 AM on 10.0.0.209 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us