BirthdayParties

13th Birthday Blunder

I have been posting on this website throughout planning my party. I already have my ideas and games. I also have already passed out the invitations, but earlier today my mom and I got in an argument, she got really upset, and told me I couldn't have the party. I need to know how to earn my party back. Please help.

Haley

Answers

I have been posting on this website throughout planning my party. I already have my ideas and games. I also have already passed out the invitations, but earlier today my mom and I got in an argument, she got really upset, and told me I couldn't have a party. I need to know how to earn my party back. Please help.

Haley

Answers:

13th Birthday Blunder

I don't know if your Mom is a great lady or a mean one, and I don't know if she is the type who always means what she says, or if she tends to blow off a little steam (which would not make her a mean lady, of course), but I think your only hope is in going to your Mom, apologizing (and being prepared to say why you're sorry), and asking her what you need to do for her to let you have the party. Unfortunately, it's really up to her. If she won't let you have the party, true friends will be sympathetic, and perhaps you can all go out for pizza or get together at a friend's house when your Mom decides to let you out of the house. (04/05/2005)

By Papillon

13th Birthday Blunder

Hi Haley! Happy Birthday! Your mom is just being like any other mom--she is angry that you showed her disrespect, and she wants you to learn a lesson. To get on her good side again, you should write a nice letter to her telling her you know you were very wrong, and that was no way for an almost teenager to act. Tell her how much you love her and how much she means to you, then ask her if there is any other options for you to be punished for talking back. Make sure she knows that you understand what you did was wrong, and you should be punished for it. A thirteenth birthday is very special and can provide a lot of good memories in the future, it would be a shame to not have those memories. My daughter and I had a big fight on her 13th birthday, and we still cry over it--15 years later. Approach your mom as the young adult you are becoming, and have a nice mature discussion about the situation. Good luck honey--I hope you and your mom can work things out. (04/06/2005)

By nanalori

13th Birthday Blunder

I am not sure how your mom is, but you could do something nice to show that you appreciate everything that she has done for you. Don't say sorry constantly, just say it once or twice. Also be the best you can be with her. Try not to get in fights no matter how hard it is so she can see that you are really trying. I hope everything goes well. Write back. (03/27/2008)

By morgan614

13th Birthday Blunder

Apologize and just be as pleasant as possible. Don't try and suck up. Us moms know a suck up as quick as it starts, and I'd hate it if I felt my kid was sucking up just to get their way. They could soften me up by being nice and pleasant but sincere at the same time. And if she still won't let you have your party, think about the fight and after she's not mad anymore, ask her if ya'll can talk. Ask her what it was you did or said that made her the maddest. You'll then find out what not to do in the future. (02/16/2009)

By CindyM56