Waterproofing Cotton Fabric

I have been rained out of playing paintball for the last time! I have been looking for ways to waterproof my Camo, and the only ones I can find involve gasoline, and wax.

The other option is to use tent waterproofing spray, which I have my doubts about, but my question to you is: Can I use silicone-based-tent-waterproofing-spray on normal, army-surplus cotton BDU's? Or, do I need to try dissolving wax in gasoline then soak the uniform in this and let them dry for a week or two?

By Tmos540 from VA

No way would I mess with gasoline....Pleeeze...

Oil cloth is made by brushing on boiled linseed oil and drying. It's found in the paint section of hardware areas.

Would probably have to do at least 2 coats. If it's damp where it's drying, it will take a little longer. Ventilation is good for drying, like outside on a hanger, under a roof, or hanging from a rafter in a garage. Don't want it to dry in house. After it dries, wipe with cloth. No more washer.

I think scotch guard spray on would work, it does for my fabric outside patio chairs so I would not think that would be much different.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceMay 6, 2009
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Painted "Closed" Sign
Waterproofing Painted Signs
Close-up of Cotton Balls
Saving Money On Cotton Balls
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing