Advertising Your Business in Angie's List

My husband and I have recently started a lawn care/landscaping business. We are thinking about joining Angie's List. We are wondering if it is worth it (even though it is free) and if there is anyone out there that thinks this is a great place to advertise or a not-so-great place to advertise.

By Kari from Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN

Personally, I tried to use Angies List and was very dicouraged about it. I won't attempt to use it again. I live in one town (we'll call it town A) and I wanted to find some businesses to do some things in another town (town B) about 360 miles away. Town A is so small I'm not even sure it has a full time firestation. So I do alot of business else where and I was making a trip to Town B so wanted to find out about business there. When I signed up for Angies List access I put in my address but then could only find out about businesses in my area. There was no way to find businesses in Town B. Very disappointing.

If you use it good luck. I hope your business does well either way.

Suggestion: make a nice website advertising your business. Make sure you have every "tag" possibly associated with your business listed. And if your worried about cost you can get a site for free. You can make the site your self or you may know a kid or two that would make you a site real cheap (or even free for the practice). Example: I made a site for my church at Yolasite.com for nothing but time.

The problem I have with Angie's List is if there is a complaint from a disgruntled customer and you do everything possible to correct the complaint (refund money, fix the problem, etc) the bad review stays on Angie's list. So, my problem with Angie's list is it is one sided. People will and do complain about some of the smallest and most petty things just to get something done for free and you have no recourse to tell your side of it. I do not recommend Angie's List. I work for a company who received a complaint, we refunded the entire amount and Angie's List refused to remove the complaint even after talking with them and telling our side of it.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 15, 2010
Shopping Online
Advertising an Online Store
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
Internet Advertising Trick
Avoiding Advertising Tricks
Cleaning Business
Advertising a Cleaning Business
🎄
🍂