Getting Snake to Leave Enclosed Patio

We have a screened in patio with a stone koi pond inside it. We have a snake (black racer I believe) which is living in the stones. It is getting large and freaking me out. We like to leave our door to the patio open to our house, but now I'm scared to. How can we get rid of this snake in the stone around our koi pond?

By Valerie from Lutz, FL

Give them a call and they will come out and grab the snake for you. I'm not quite sure if they charge or not. Lol. It's just something I googled for you. Usually people like this will come out and get the snake then take it to a reserve or release it in the wild. :) Good Luck!

I live in zone 9a-Texas near a national forrest,several ponds,live stock "watering holes". pest control man told me to scatter moth balls under decks,wood,barn,etc. I've been doing that every few month & havent seen near as many. Must be careful around pets & kids but my dogs smell them & run! Local hardware store carry product "snake away" which is ground glass treated with some type of pesticide but never used it.

Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesJune 23, 2010
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Black and White Eastern Kingsnake
Kingsnake Information and Photos
copperhead snake
What Kind of Snake is This?
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture