Slow Cooker Liver and Onions

Is there a slow cooker recipe with liver and onions?

By Sid from Leicestershire, UK

Showing: Answers Sort

By Keeper 58 1,055 Flag

I"googled"; crockpot liver and onions. There you will find how it's done.

Sounds really tasty too.Hope this helps you.

Keeper, N.C.USA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

Liver and onions only takes a few minutes to cook in a frying pan. Flour the liver, put in hot oil and cover with onions. Add salt and pepper. After a few minutes turn it over and cook a few minutes. Make sure your liver is sliced thin. Then pour a little water over to make a gravy and serve. All this takes no longer than 15 minutes.I am not sure how liver would taste if it was cooked all day.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joanne 5 3 Flag

Liver needs to be cooked hot and fast! Slow in a cooker will make it come out tough.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By SHARON 16 34 Flag

Here's a recipe i found on the internet,

Crockpot: Liver and Onions

I make mine very similar to TXteacher in the July 8th newsletter, however after I season and flour the liver I will quick fry it just until lightly browned in bacon grease. Then place in your crockpot, cover with a whole bunch of onions as they cook down to nothing.

I also like to add about 6 slices of crumbled bacon that has been fried crisp and sometimes a small can of sliced mushrooms if I have them on hand. Then add about a cup of water and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Tender and juicy

with its own gravy. You can add a bit more water if you want a thinner gravy just before serving.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ronald F P. 1 Flag

Male 60, I cooked liver and onions in slow cooker on low heat for 5 hrs with vegetables and served with Baby potatoes shallow fried in butter and covered in chopped Basel and Parsley. The wife said it was the best liver she had tasted. I cooked this for her Birthday which was today a nice surprise for her coming home from work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Liver and Onions
Slow Cooker Liver and Onions Recipes
Previous
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotSeptember 9, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Slow Cooker
Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
Pressure Cooker with Vegetables
Pressure Cooker Recipes
Liver and Onions
Slow Cooker Liver and Onions Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 10:08:02 AM on 10.0.0.127 in 964 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings