Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Slow Cooker Liver and Onions

Is there a slow cooker recipe with liver and onions?

By Sid from Leicestershire, UK

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Ronald F P.09/28/2013

Male 60, I cooked liver and onions in slow cooker on low heat for 5 hrs with vegetables and served with Baby potatoes shallow fried in butter and covered in chopped Basel and Parsley. The wife said it was the best liver she had tasted. I cooked this for her Birthday which was today a nice surprise for her coming home from work.

By SHARON [15]09/13/2011

Here's a recipe i found on the internet,
Crockpot: Liver and Onions

I make mine very similar to TXteacher in the July 8th newsletter, however after I season and flour the liver I will quick fry it just until lightly browned in bacon grease. Then place in your crockpot, cover with a whole bunch of onions as they cook down to nothing.

I also like to add about 6 slices of crumbled bacon that has been fried crisp and sometimes a small can of sliced mushrooms if I have them on hand. Then add about a cup of water and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Tender and juicy
with its own gravy. You can add a bit more water if you want a thinner gravy just before serving.

By Joanne [4]09/13/2011

Liver needs to be cooked hot and fast! Slow in a cooker will make it come out tough.

By Lilac [18]09/13/2011

Liver and onions only takes a few minutes to cook in a frying pan. Flour the liver, put in hot oil and cover with onions. Add salt and pepper. After a few minutes turn it over and cook a few minutes. Make sure your liver is sliced thin. Then pour a little water over to make a gravy and serve. All this takes no longer than 15 minutes.I am not sure how liver would taste if it was cooked all day.

By Keeper [57]09/10/2011

I"googled"; crockpot liver and onions. There you will find how it's done.
Sounds really tasty too.Hope this helps you.

Keeper, N.C.USA