Daughter Dating an Older Guy

My daughter told me yesterday that she has been dating, a 16 year old boy who is gothic and skips school, for months now. She is only 13. What should I say about this interesting relationship?

Thanks for the help,
Virginia from Atlanta, GA

Tell her why people date. Tell her what kind of man she should look for when she's older and tell her love is not like in the movies. Also, tell her how beautiful and smart she is everyday because girls need to hear that, especially from their dad or some sort of male figure. This guy could be a phase or it could be bad news.

Whatever you do, support her decisions and don't criticize. She needs support. Only support, this doesn't mean just for boys, try to support her in other interests that you think are appropriate in hopes that she will get more focused on music lessons or sports than on the guy.

Young woman with older man
My Teen Daughter is Dating an Older Guy
Parenting Teen DatingDecember 9, 2006
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
Girl waiting for her date to a dance.
Asking a Guy to Winter Formal
Online Dating Tips
Online Dating Tips