Frugal and Healthy Food Finds

I just came across an interesting site I would like to share with all. I haven't yet ordered will be doing so shortly.

It's www.honeyvillegrain.com; they sell healthy products that I saw recommended several places; reviews show that the milk product ends up costing $1.66 a gallon! All shipping and handling is only $4.49 irregardless of amount ordered which is amazing, and the products are geared to healthy living!

www.honeyvillegrain.com I also have located tips saying that, in Asian stores and in Mexican aisles, many things like spices can be found far less expensive than in the "regular" stores! Buying spices out of "bulk" by small amounts and using them only as needed saves incredible money and also less "landfill"!

Jasmine and basmati rice is so wonderful you will not believe the difference in flavor and it's like you never knew rice could be so wonderful tasting! Many times you can find in it in "bulk".

Lindberg's uses sustainable farming methods in all, even if not labeled "organic". Many times, I must go on line to even locate it in my area, sadly. Using stock, soups, or spaghetti like "sauces" with added water creates wonderful dishes!

Bob's Red Mill offers Anasazi beans that are so outstandingly good flavored irregardless of how cooked, that I am going to be ordering 25 lbs. of them just for my own personal use! They keep best refrigerated or frozen, so am going to fill my freezer with them. Yes, they are that outstandingly good! Cook up in an hour without soaking! The can be used in place of any bean for any recipe! Locally here they wanted $7 for a cupful so went looking to find out about them; located on line far cheaper than I can get locally!

Google "make your own mixes" and save a bundle making your salad dressing mixes, bean spice mixes, etc. Ask for baby food jars to keep them in from recycle in your area. They work wonderfully well!

By MzScarlett from Medford, OR

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMarch 7, 2011
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Photo of Dorothy from the movie The Wizard of Oz.
Making a Dorothy Costume (Wizard of Oz)
painting furniture
Making Old Furniture Look New
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:24:35 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.