Inexpensive Gifts for Cheerleaders

As the assistant coach for the cheer team at the local high school, I am trying to find an inexpensive gift I can give to the seniors on the squad. We have 9 seniors this year! Last year, we found some small teddy bears at the local drug store that had cheer uniforms on in the school colors. If you can believe it, we only paid about $2 apiece for those. I am looking for any ideas you have to share with me. Thank you so much!

Tina from Ashland, OR

I would go to your local bead and jewelery store and buy some nice glass beads (glass beads are beautiful and inexpensive!) using school colors (or varying colors in the same color family) some jewelery wire or sting and clasps. You could make necklaces or bracelets! This is an inexpensive gift and girls love, love, love jewelry. If you make the jewelry look classy and unique it might be something the girls will always keep. It would make a found memory to commemorate their time at school and on the squad! Good luck.

My friend did something similar for her son's baseball team. She did one scrapbook page for each young man, with pictures of each boy, and the decoration on the page in the school colors, various prints. She couldn't afford some of the 'scrapbook' papers, so she used wrapping papers, felt, remnant fabrics and trims, etc. They all came out great!

When I was in high school, (70's) the girls in our cheer squad were each given a keychain. Someone had cut out and handpainted a little 3"long cheergirl out of wood and handpainted the uniforms on them and matched their haircolor and printed each one personally with their name. A keychain was attached.

October 8, 2012 Flag

As the assistant coach at a local competitive cheer gym I am beginning to think gifts for the holidays. There are 23 kids on the team and 19 of them are girls, 4 are boys. I am making the girls little teddy bears with the colors on them, and I am not sure what to do for the boys.

The boys' ages range from 8-12 so I am not sure. I am really trying to stay on a strict budget because I am saving up, and they really all could begin to add up. The girls should each be about $2-3 a piece, and if the boys could be that or less it would be great. Thanks so much! I need help.

By Hailey from Phoenix, AZ

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Wristbands made from rope are popular. Ropes come in different colors. You can probably find directions and sources for rope on the computer.

Make backpack bags from nylon they can hoist over their shoulders from cords. I forget what they're called but it's a bag with two loops of cord that cinch the bag and are worn over the shoulder. They're everywhere. Make them in school colors.

You could do key chains in the colors also - shrinky dink is a craft medium that makes just about anything!

As a mom of boys, (although all grown now), I can safely say that your younger boys would like teddy bears as well. The 12 years olds - maybe not. You might want to ask the boys if they would like the same memento - the bear. I am pretty sure your 8 year old boy is going to like a teddy bear better than a key chain.

Gifts for Cheerleaders
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceMarch 18, 2009
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Little Girl in Cheerleader Costume
Making a Cheerleader Costume
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
woman handing an older man a gift
Inexpensive Christmas Gifts for Assisted Living Residents