Buying Bulk Cranberries for Centerpieces

I am getting married in June 2008. I am looking for any great ideas for centerpieces. We are on a tight budget! I am thinking of using cranberries in glass vases for my centerpieces along with water and maybe Calla Lilies. Does anyone know where I can get bulk cranberries to buy? Real or fake! Thank you in advance!

Kelli from Portland, OR

Michaels Crafts and Joanns have fake cranberries, but real ones are cheaper, but I am not sure you can find them in June. Dried cranberries are in many potpourris, so maybe you could check out a site that deals in botanicals.

Right now my neighborhood grocery has four bags of fresh cranberries for a dollar! I bought four to use thruout the year, but if you can find a deal like that, keep them in the freezer until June. I think they'll thaw and look like fresh.

Cranberries are only available in the fall, around Thanksgiving and Christmas time. Perhaps you could use something in season (June) or artificial cranberries.

Why don't you use red marbles, you can get them cheep at hobby stores!

We used this idea at our company Christmas party, and I can tell you that both the flowers and cranberries will last longer if you fill the vases with some ice with the water. This will be a lil' more expensive but not too bad. It also helps to look all sparkly.

I am looking for artificial cranberries as well for my wedding centerpiece. Pottery Barn is out as well as all of your chain retailers beacuse they are seasonal. The ones at pottery barn were really nice. I can't find any like that.

I am not certain why you would want to use cranberries in the summer. It could look like an unseasonal holdover. Why use the cranberries at all? It would be more fresh and summery to just use water and calla lilies. If you want the addition of a fruit use a few lemon slices added to the water. The fragrance is lovely and the acid in the lemon will help keep the water clear.

Weddings DecorationsMarch 4, 2008
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
Adult Diapers
Buying Adult Diapers in Bulk
Cranberry Sauce
Recipes Using Cranberries
Buying Food in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk
🎉
🎄