Donating Books to Charity

We have about 200 good books (mostly "pg" love stories) that we wish to give to a charity. Any ideas?

By Bob from Lumberton, NC

Some senior centers have libraries for the use of their senior citizens, check with some penal institutions and see if they would want some. Nursing homes and senior housing ccomplexes might even want some.

Along with the suggestions already made, I would also contact the local libraries in your area. I know in my area the library accepts donated books, and what they don't put into circulation, they put in their book sales to raise needed funds for their programs.

There are green bins outside of shopping centers and stores that are from "better world books". They use these to give to the poor around the world and some they sell for funding for this charity. Good luck.

Our hospitals here in Virginia have a bin for used books. They take them around to the folks at the hospital to give them something to do. They also collect magazines.

Some libraries just throw books out which disgusts me. I find it easier to find someone to share them with.

Also there is a book swap called paperbackswap.com where you can exchange books for a small fee for shipping.

Hope this helps.

Gem

Another place to donate is your local courthouse...Potential jurors wait around to get called and a few books are always appreciated.

You could also donate them to the Salvation Army and/or Goodwill. It's also a good idea to donate some to penal institutions but, in my humble opinion, I don't think the ones that are PG love stories would be very appropriate for a handful of serious reasons.

Our local library takes gently used books during the year. They have a section of shelving where they put them out. The money received goes to movies and books. A good deal for all concerned.

Better Living Charity AdviceFebruary 22, 2011
Fabric
Donating Fabric to Charity
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
donate sign
Donating Household Items to Charity
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
🎄
🍂