Using OxiClean on a Microfiber Sofa

Can I use OxiCLean on a microfiber sofa. They are brown and they have black water ring stains on them.

Lourdes from New York

Answers

I first test the oxyclean on an underneath or back area of the sofa where you can't see it. This way if they oxy-clean fades the fabric, you'll know & won't use it. I'd first try my favorite organic stain remover HYDROGEN PEROXIDE (meaning it always removes ORGANIC, or natural stains, stains caused by "Natural" things.... Peroxide will remove grape juice, but not grape drink or kool-aid) Peroxide will remove blood (straight ammonia also works wonders with dried on blood!), red wine, hot cocoa & coffee stains, but nothing with artificial dyes or colors. But I don't know about your problem... It's worth a try... but ALWAYS FIRST DO A SAMPLE TEST AREA before using any new cleaner.

DIRECTIONS: Just pour the peroxide on the area & wait, then blot with a white towel or white rag... Then repeat if needed. (I left the peroxide on an area of wall to wall carpet with dried on coffee stains for about 20 min then blotted & added more peroxide & rubbed it in with my finger or toothbrush & waited another 20 min, then blotted till dry. It worked wonders! The coffee stains were TOTALLY gone!) No rinsing is needed & peroxide leaves no residue. OR you can put the peroxide in a small, well marked spray bottle & spray it on... You can also use a tooth brush & dip the toothbrush into the peroxide & scrub a bit. But first, let the peroxide sit a bit to do it's "fizzing-thing". Never use the peroxide made for bleaching hair, it's WAY to strong! Just use the cheap kind you but at the grocery or drug store. It's with the first-aid supplies.

If you DO use the oly-clean, make sure to dilute it with alot of water first!... I'm wondering if after the area cleaned with the oxyclean sits in the sun for a while if it might fade quicker than the rest of the fabric... Does anybody know if this is true???

Answer

Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureDecember 14, 2007
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
OxiClean
OxiClean Reviews
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 28, 2016 at 6:12:40 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 559 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.