How to Economically Create a Website

What is the most frugal way to put together a web site? If I do a search, the task can be daunting and I'm not sure who to trust. Specifically, I need to either learn how to put one together myself, or pay a company that is trustworthy and economically feasible.

Thanks for any tips.

By Patti from Ewing, NJ

If you need a basic website you can get one free at I used this site for a church and it does the job well. It is what is referred to as a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) and is the best way for someone with no webcraft to make a website.

If you want to LEARN the true nuts and bolts of a website I am not sure which host is best right now but I will refer you to as a reference for learning the craft of web creation.

You can do a search for website templates and find a few sites with "shells" you can use. You fill them with your content and post them on your host.

I will add that you can do web craft utilizing something as simple as Windows Notebook. I found it easier to use a program called Arachnophilia. At the time I was web building it was free and may still be... but it has tools to help you with the coding of a website.

Good luck.

Check out I did one there a couple of years ago and it is really simple, mostly point and click. Learning how to do one is hugely different, but for someone wanting a decent one you can check out the one I did if you want: They say you can also just type in the I haven't tried it, but then I am kind of lazy sometimes.

My friend and I create websites, and I have bartered a web site with the gal that does my hair for cuts, colors and waxes. Another one of my friends wants me to create one for his photography business. I still have to figure out what we will barter.

Creating a simple website isn't too difficult if you have MS Frontpage. It would be within your MS Office programs. I've encountered a few companies that use Frontpage. I, on the other hand, determined to write my own, so I searched out "free HTML lessons" using my favorite search engine. It isn't elementary, but it's doable. Please remember blind folk use the web too (I'm one of them,) so if you include pictures, please name them within the HTML framework. I hate getting an incomprehensible string of code instead of "Our CEO John Johnson."

Since my own experience was 10+ years ago, I don't know anymore who hosts free. You might want to do a search for "free website hosting" and see what looks good to you. One I'd advise against is - it doesn't seem very good.

There are a number of inexpensive webhosting companies (many provide hosting for under $5.00 a month) that provide easy to use software to build your website when you subscribe to their service. By going this route you don't have to spend time learning HTML or other complicated software. Plus, you'll have control of the content of your website without intrusive advertising that normally comes with "free websites".

You'll be able to get your website up and running quickly and avoid the frustration of spending weeks or months learning to build a website. A nice website to compare different webhosting companies is It also provides some definitions to help you decide what you are looking for. I hope this helps, good luck!

Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business
Computers Internet Tips LearningMay 20, 2010
ThriftyFun's Homepage
ThriftyFun in the Media
Photo of a pink sparkle ball Christmas Decoration.
Making Sparkleball Decorations
Swagbucks Reviews
Swagbucks Reviews
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes