Heart Shaped Wedding Cookies

I recently made the wedding favors for my son's wedding. They were heart shaped cookies decorated with chocolate modeling clay. Here is how I did it:

Bake heart shaped cookie and ice them. After the icing has hardened, make edible modeling clay using 12 oz. melted chocolate and 1/3 cup light Karo syrup. Mix in the syrup just until it is combined. DO NOT OVER MIX, or clay will become grainy. Chill in a plastic container for at least an hour.

Once chilled, take off about a 3x3 inch section and knead until workable. (Note: If you chose to use white chocolate, it will be stickier, so knead in powdered sugar until it is no longer sticky and the right consistency.) Roll it out on wax paper. Using a small heart cookie cutter, cut out smaller hearts.

Using a texturizing method of your choice (I used a scrapbooking stamp) impress texture into chocolate heart. Moisten the underside of heart and "glue" it to the top of your cookie. I used pearlized dust (found in the cake decorating aisle) to burnish to raised areas of the chocolate hearts. Continue decorating cookie any way you like.

I set the cookies out on wax paper over night and then wrapped them in clear plastic goodie bags, tied with a pretty ribbon. They were quite the hit! Very time consuming, but extremely cost efficient!

By Antiquefreeque from WI

Heart Shaped Foods For Valentine's Day, A platter of heart shaped cheese slices
Heart Shaped Foods For Valentine's Day
Weddings Wedding Crafts DecorationsMay 21, 2009
Heart shaped pancakes.
Valentine's Day Pancake Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
dipped grilled cheese heart
Making Grilled Cheese Hearts
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄