Backpack Vs. Sling

What is the difference in a backpack and a sling? (A sling has only 1 strap) I am trying to find something to carry my lunch in and free up my hands. Also, do you think backpacks are suitable for business attire (women skirt suits)?

Onesummer

If you decide to use a backpack get one with wheels. I have one and am able to carry water bottles (much needed in Houston) and my lunch box. Mine has zipper places for all my "pursey" things too.

The best way to combine both is an Ameribag. They come in different sizes, colours and materials and are ergonomic. You have both hands free and a bag that goes where you want. It has remarkable pockets and things for organising. I would never use anything else now. No more aching shoulders.

I first used a roomy purse type backpack (2 straps) when I had a broken foot and had to use crutches every day while I went to work. This backpack solved all my problems for carrying things to and from work and still leaving my hands free to use the crutches. It worked well with my dresses, skirts and pants, but not so well with suits. Mine wasn't dressy enough for the suits.

Later, off the crutches, I switched to a sling pack but eventually went back to the backpack. You can choose to use only one strap on the backpack sometimes, but on the sling there is only one choice. I like the backpack better.

Having had shoulder problems because of the weight of my purse and tote bag I was carrying, I would say, get a backpack. If you are just looking for one to use as a purse, I am sure you can find one that is dressy enough for business attire. If you are looking for something to pack lunch in and water bottles and such, look for something that is comfortable and distributes the weight properly so you do not get back problems. Comfort trumps appearance.

Recently I purchased a new lunch bag that looks like a designer purse actuallly. Everyone thinks I carry two purses.

What I like to do is place my lunch bag in a cloth bag that I can just put over my shoulder and my hands are free. My regular purse is small and so I find there is not a lot of extra weight on my shoulder caring both my purse and lunch. Also great to carry other things you may need for the day.

Consumer Advice General AdviceAugust 27, 2008
Duct Tape Backpack
Duct Tape Backpack
A girl with a backpack on.
Organizing Your Backpack for School
Red School Backpack
Storing School Backpacks
Baby in Sling Carrier
Making a Baby Sling Carrier
🎄
🍂