Soap Scum Build Up

To remove heavy soap scum buildup on clear shower doors without the heavy cleaning fumes use Avon's original Skin-So-Soft bath oil. Be sure to rinse well as the shower floor gets slippery.

By Debi

Oh my gosh! I got up from my computer after reading this, and gave it a try. I only had the Skin So Soft insect repellent so what harm could it do. It was wonderful! No harsh cleaners and it looks so nice. I only tried it on the tile, and the doors will be next. The coating should keep it from building back up so soon. I'll have to get the bath oil right away. Thanks for the great tip.

I had tried everything to clean our clear glass tub enclosure. I heard about rubbing alcohol. It removed every trace.

I found that instant oatmeal works great. Just mix it up and apply to the tile. I let it sit over-night and then rinsed it down.

I like to oatmeal method because it doesn't require any harsh chemicals. I had cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal because that's all I had. The upside was that it smelled nice too!

I've never heard of using the instant oatmeal. Seems like it would work but I'd worry about it clogging the drain. Make sure that you have something to catch it before it goes down.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Thankyou so much I have tried every thing for soapscum all I had here was Johnson & Johnson baby oil it worked great, finally something that actually works thankyou so much for the tip

That was awesome. I had the Skin So Soft bug spray, so I tried it as soon as I read it and it worked. I too had tried everything. Thanks a bunch whoever came up with that. I am selling my home and I wanted that shower door spotless and just couldnt get it done. Thanks again for the great tip.

CLR works wonders also without the slippery floor.

I use a dryer sheet. Wet it with water from shower and rub all over door then rinse with cool water and wipe off with spong. Gone, with no harsh chemicals. It really works.

Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomSeptember 27, 2004
cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Washing Machine
Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass
🎉
🎄