Sweet potatoes and bananas combine to make a flavorful low fat custard made with evaporated skim milk and no added fat.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
2. Add milk, blending well.
3. Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
4. Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
5. Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
6. Bake in a preheated 325º F oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Yield: 6 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Each serving provides: Calories: 144 Total fat: 2 g Saturated fat: less than 1 g Cholesterol: 92 mg* Sodium: 235 mg *If using egg substitutes, cholesterol will be lower.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!