Can Leptospirosis Be Treated at Home?

My puppy is under 6 months and since Friday was throwing up until Sunday and wasn't eating. When he does his business there is blood along with it. He is very skinny. He seems to have lost most if not all of his energy.

Yesterday I noticed that he had a yellow color to his skin, gums, and eyes. I reported this to a vet (his 1st appointment is for tomorrow) and she said that he might have Lepto. I know he has worms, because he also has pimple like spots on his stomach surrounded by red irritated skin.

Today, upon coming home, I discovered he was too weak to even get up and move around. He just lies there. He seems to have no pain, but he still looks sickly.

A Vet appointment, tests, and then treatment is way too expensive for my budget although I do want him to recover. I don't know if he'll even survive until that time tomorrow. At a local Pet shop they have worm shots/pills, parvo shots, and penicillin (which I researched and found could help with Lepto).

I know that I am unable to pay for the costly Vet tests and treatments and I want to be able to treat him on my own then. What should I buy that would be most helpful for him? Can I give him different shots or treatments at one time? Please respond asap.

By Kawehi from Hilo, HI

Answers