Use a 2 Quart Pitcher for Sugar

I came in from the store having bought sugar on sale, and was looking for another cannister to put it in when I spied the new 2 quart lidded pitcher I had picked up at the dollar store the day before. Sure enough - the pitcher makes a great and handy container for sugar. A 4 lb bag fills it to the top and the slotted spout allows me to pour the sugar just easily enough for measuring - A 2 quart or less size is about as heavy as I would go depending on the strength of the lid and the handle - it's easy to grip,and no spills. I was tickled pink!

By Cathy from Delaware

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

My family loves dill pickles. I had an abundance of gallon jars. I made a set of canisters to hold my sugars, flours and such. My kitchen is "purple', with a grape motif. Not my idea the house is a rental. Everybody loves it. I painted grapes on my jars.

Everyone who sees them ask me to paint some for them. Most canister sets are graduated and I don't use the small ones. The gallon jars work great. I spray paint the lids.

That IS a great idea!! And you can still measure out if need be. Clever!

Oh, that is so clever! Good for you!

:) Carol

Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Food and Recipes StorageMay 29, 2008
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Large bag of sugar.
Sugar Tips and Tricks
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎄