Replacing a Wax Toilet Ring

If you see water forming around your toilet, you probably have a damaged wax toilet ring. This should be promptly replaced. The wax ring creates a seal between your toilet and the sewer pipe that sticks up through the floor (also known as a toilet flange). The wax ring is fairly easy to replace and will save you the nightmare of having to replace soggy subflooring down the road. Don't caulk around the toilet, it prevents you from knowing when the seal is leaking.

By Fisher

Top Comment

I keep a wax ring for as a spare and the innerds of the toilet workings on hand at all times. If you have it, YOU NEVER NEED IT. One thing, if you use it, find you have to adjust the toilet on the ring again, you have to use a new ring.

For years all the handyman, car fix it magazines that came to our house WERE MINE, not my husband's. Always a smart move for those guys who like to argue with you or 'presume you are not smart'.

Replacing the wax ring is a very simple task to do but I do have one problem, I can not lift the toilet alone and I have no one to help me.

Man Repairing a Toilet
Repairing a Toilet
Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomJuly 12, 2006
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄