Thrifty Tips for the Week of April 18th

Make Colored Sugar

Make your own for pennies! Put white granulated sugar in glass custard cups and add the desired amount of food coloring; mix to distribute color evenly then put in oven on low; stir several times while drying. When completely dry store in sprinkle top spice jars.

Syd Barr

~ ~ ~

Use for Corn Cobs

I feed the squirrels cob corn, and I save the empty cobs. When I plant either flowers, trees, shrubs or my garden, I make sure the hole is deep enough to put 3 or 4 corn cobs in the bottom of the planting hole. This helps hold moisture in for the roots and saves on watering, as the cob absorbs the water.

~ ~ ~

Scrub Up After Gardening

To scrub yourself off after working, put a bar of soap or soap scraps into the leg cut off of a pair of panty hose. You can hang it near the garden hose so the soap can dry off after it's used. Hang it under the eaves, or on a porch, so the soap will probably not dissolve away quickly.

Rose B - Mother of Three in NC

~ ~ ~

Use for Old Sock

Another way to use the ribbed top of socks is to cut it off the sock. Then slip it over the neck of your bottle of cooking oil. The sock absorbs the oil, no more slippery hands.

Michelle in TN

~ ~ ~

Scrubbing the Tub

Use those plastic wool pads for non-stick cookware (like Scotch Brite) to scrub my tub. It really makes the tub sparkle and gets all that soap scum off that a regular rag or sponge can't scrub off.

Kelly - Colchester, CT

A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
18th birthday cake and lit candles
18th Birthday Party Ideas
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 4:24:31 PM on in 728 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.