How Do I Remove Melted Taffy From Clothing? - Categories:

LaundryCleaning

How Do I Remove Melted Taffy From Clothing?

I had taffy melt in a pocket of my jeans. My grandson had got some and where else would I store it. Now it's all over one of my pockets.

By Vickie from KY

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Pull the pocket out as much as you can (or with jeans, just turn the pants inside out to get to the pocket) then put the pocket in a bowl of hot water with a squirt of dish-soap and leave it set overnight. It the morning the taffy will be dissolved (if not, leave it set for a second night) Then pour liquid laundry detergent on the area & wash as usually would. You can use a toothbrush to scrub before laundering if you'd like.

This sounds like a hassle, but it's not. The water will always dissolve the taffy or any hard or sticky candy. To speed up the process, it helps to start out with boiling water and replace with more boiling water after several hours.

If you follow the step Cyinda said above and still have sticky residue, try dabbing peanut butter on the area and let it sit for about 1/2 hour and then wipe off. We always used peanut butter to get gum out of hair and off of clothes and it worked for that, so I'm thinking it will work on the taffy too.

once I had long hair and then I got gum in it my mom put in peanut butter and it didnt work so for along time I had very short hair. ):

I'm sorry to hear that.. I had once got gum in my hair and I put that spot of hair in hot water and then stripped the gym out.

Try putting the clothing in the freezer to make the taffy hard. It may then peel off.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 2, 2010
A car parked on a sunny day.
Removing Melted Plastic on Car Upholstery
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Melted Plastic Pony Bead Crafts
Melted Plastic Pony Bead Crafts
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 13, 2016 at 2:25:17 PM on 10.0.0.174 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.