Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

How Do I Remove Melted Taffy From Clothing?

I had taffy melt in a pocket of my jeans. My grandson had got some and where else would I store it. Now it's all over one of my pockets.

By Vickie from KY

By Zita05/03/2010

Try putting the clothing in the freezer to make the taffy hard. It may then peel off.

By Amy3e05/03/2010

If you follow the step Cyinda said above and still have sticky residue, try dabbing peanut butter on the area and let it sit for about 1/2 hour and then wipe off. We always used peanut butter to get gum out of hair and off of clothes and it worked for that, so I'm thinking it will work on the taffy too.

By Cyinda [214]05/02/2010

Pull the pocket out as much as you can (or with jeans, just turn the pants inside out to get to the pocket) then put the pocket in a bowl of hot water with a squirt of dish-soap and leave it set overnight. It the morning the taffy will be dissolved (if not, leave it set for a second night) Then pour liquid laundry detergent on the area & wash as usually would. You can use a toothbrush to scrub before laundering if you'd like.

This sounds like a hassle, but it's not. The water will always dissolve the taffy or any hard or sticky candy. To speed up the process, it helps to start out with boiling water and replace with more boiling water after several hours.