Christmas "Stockings"

I do one of two things each year for my family for Christmas (especially my grandchildren). I make a homemade ornament of some sort and send them early so they can enjoy them on their tree during the holiday season. The other thing I do is make the grandchildren (8) a Christmas "stocking" and fill it with things such as lip gloss, shampoo, hand cream, candy, etc.

The reason I have Christmas Stocking in parenthesis is because I am an unconventional Grandma! One year the "Stockings" were large pockets that were Snowman faces made of felt, the eyes and mouth were black snaps (1/2), and the nose was a bright orange polar fleece carrot sewn on with a blanket stitch. The handle was a waist band cut off an old pair of jeans. Last year I did felt bags with fancy tops and Christmas buttons.

Merry Christmas and God bless.

By Judy Harris from Birmingham Al.

Stockings hung by a Fire
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 1, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree