Using Coffee Grounds More Than Once

To save money on coffee, I get three 12 oz. cups from one and one half scoops of grounds. I use a reusable conical shaped 4 coffee cup filter in a wide soup/coffee cup and slowly pour boiling water into the first cup with one scoop of grounds. I let that steep for five minutes, then enjoy the coffee. The filter is placed on a saucer.

For the second cup, I add a half scoop more of grounds and the coffee is allowed to steep for five minutes. After that cup, I pour in more boiling water for a third cup, and the grounds are allowed to steep for 5-10 minutes with me stirring the grounds to get the most from them. I don't feel deprived, I get all the caffeine from the grounds and the compost pile gets them next. My coffee cans last a long time.

By TGallagher from Live Oak, TX

Don't you deserve a fresh cup every morning?

Roasted Coffee Beans
Saving Money on Coffee
Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenJanuary 10, 2011
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden