Room Odors

Simple method to rid room of odors (i.e. smoke, cats, dogs). Fill a cup (or receptacle of your choice) with Clorox and place in a safe location, such as the top of an entertainment center. It will absorb any disturbing odors in your room!

By Marshalle

There is no place safe from cats to put a cup of bleach except down the drain. One of mine died from ingestion of bleach, you don't want to see that. Also,dare I ask how bleach could possibly make anything smell better? It smells awful.

I agree...Im tired of burning scented candles in every room on weekends. My neighbor is a big card player and has "GUESTS" every weekend. I need help to remove smoke smell just in the air. Please help....

Combine one part white distilled vinegar to five parts water. Pour into a spray bottle and spray in odorous areas. Another way to purify the air is to dampen a cotton ball with pure vanilla extract, place in a dish and set in odorous area of the house. A dish with three cotton balls is great for the living room. A room in which heavy smoking occurs might require another dish.

the bleach idea is great, worked for me, I actually love the clean smell!

Instead of bleach I use ammonia, it works well for odors, though it does not have a pleasant odor but that is not what it leaves your house smelling like, also if you have animals that keep urinating on your carpet, use ammonia in your carpet cleaner, make sure your windows and doors are open, after a few it smells great and if your animal tries to use the bathroom again they will not like the smell of ammonia.

I just use an adsorbex green bag hung up in my room. It stops any odours from building up in the first place and doesn't smell of anything. It's got some sort of volcanic rock in it that absorbs the smells.