Panasonic TV Only Lasted Three Years

The Panasonic Pt-61lcz70 that I only had for about 3 years had the picture go out. Is this normal for it to go out so fast? Anyone else have problems with this model TV?

By Kathy

Have you gone back to where you bought it?Have you contacted Panasonic?Try googling"panasonic tv reviews".Almost always before I buy a product I'll google for reviews.IMO,3 years doesn't seem very long.

Good Luck....

No matter what a person buys there is a chance of getting a "lemon." What is the warrenty on this TV? I would be willing to better it is past the experation date.

I am not familiar with this tv but you may find assistance online by doing a search. I have helped other people with problems with tvs. Their tvs were not panasonic. They had a 55 inch tv that wouldn't power on. We spent $7.97 for fuses and the tv works great again. We even have spare fuses. Hint: buy the fuses online too. I bought ours from Amazon. 5 fuses with free shipping for $7.97! It also would be helpful if you have your owners manual for your tv. Otherwise, you will need to find out more info online specific to your make and model tv. It is worth your time to inquire. Good Luck!

Sounds like you need to replace the DLP lamp. We just got rid of our 62" TV cause we had to replace the DLP lamp every two years and the lamp would cost over $300. It was cheaper to buy a new TV that does not have the DLP lamp.

August 5, 2011 Flag

Our Panasonic TV (PT61lLCX66) 61" PROJ HDTV is not turning on manually or with the remote control. Initially, our TV was showing on screen a lamp notice to be replaced and lamp meter to be reset. I did not do anything until it did not show any more pictures (2 months after). I turned it off by unplugging it thinking that it would reset.

Since then, it does not turn on either manually or by remote control. I called up the tech support at Panasonic and I was told to called one of their authorized service centers. Their tech inspected it and was not sure of the problem. The lamp was replaced and still the TV does not turn on. He said that it may be the computer inside the TV that is triggering the problem, but was unsure of it. He also said that he would look for a replacement part when he got back to his office.

He called and he said that he had found the part and it will cost me around $700 plus and he still could not guarantee that it will work. I hate to throw away a three (3) year old TV. Please help and I hope some of you out there had the same problem that I have at present. Thank you so much.

By Dom D.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try unplugging it for a while. Even over night and replug in and see if it will works. It seems like this resets a lot of appliances. Microwave, Computers, TV's, etc. It has worked for me several times. especially TV's with a built in DVD or VCR.

Consumer Advice Company ComplaintsMay 11, 2011
Tres Leche Cake
Tres Leche Cake Recipes
Xoloitzcuintli (Mexican Hairless)
Xoloitzcuintli (Mexican Hairless) Breed Information and Photos
Leap Year Celebration Ideas
Leap Year Celebration Ideas
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎄
🍂