Food Packaging Boxes as Gift Wrapping

I found a creative way to wrap Christmas packages. I refused to buy wrapping paper, bows, or ribbon this year, so I began to save cereal boxes, oatmeal cartons, etc. I have accumulated quite an interesting array of grocery containers and they work just perfectly for most of our gift items.

My kids have started saying, "Mom has gone green!" Just think of all the space I am saving in a landfill by not adding to it with my pile of discarded wrapping paper. The boxes can be compacted and used in our garden this spring!

By Tabitha from Depew, OK

I've wrapped gifts with the Sunday comics paper but have never even thought of wrapping with cereal and other food and drink boxes! That is a fantastic idea! Thanks!

Where do you store all those boxes and containers. To me all that would take up too much space. I have a wrapping paper bag that can hang or just put on a shelf or in a corner that does not take up much space. I don't like to keep boxes of any kind around the house because they draw bugs and other things.

I just want to share a funny packaging story. Last Christmas we had made a great decoupage photo ornament for my uncle and wife. I placed it in a Lipton White Tea box with tissue paper to protect the glass bulb. I then wrapped the box in homemade wrapping paper. The ornament would have been difficult to wrap without some type of box. I was pleased with my inginuity until I recieved a thank you note from my uncle, thanking me for the tea. "It is just what we need and we love that flavor and will use it soon". Well, I wrote back and told him to open the box as the gift was not tea. He was belatedly quite surprised and liked the gift even though it was not tea.

I have used paper grocery bags by cutting them to lay flat I use the inside of bag for the outside if it has any printing on it. you can glue pictures cut out of mags etc or use cookie cutters in different shapes to decorate outside just draw around shape. Use stick glue to go over the marks and sprinkle glitter over shake off any extra or use glitter pens. also for real small gifts you can print out free gift wraps for all occasions online for a larger gift they can be printed and taped together and they have matching gift tags to print also.

My mother used to trace paper patterns for clothing to sew on old school grocery shopping bags. Very sturdy and lasted several uses.

uses for cereal boxes
Uses for Cereal Boxes and Packaging
Holidays and Parties Gifts Gift WrappingDecember 20, 2010
frog hat
Making Paper Hats From Cereal Boxes
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄